What are cookies?
Cookies are minor data files placed on your computer or mobile device by a website's server. Each cookie is unique to your web browser and includes information such as website address, browser information and others…. This enables the Bank to recognize your computer or mobile device in order to provide you with a pleasant experience and improve our communication.
How are cookies used?
None of these cookies capture Personally Identifiable Information PII.
- Ensure your security and data privacy during your visit on our websites
- Increase our understanding of how you navigate through our websites so that we can identify improvements
- Validate the integrity of the client requests through Anti-forgery tokens
- Provide an extra second layer of encryption
Most cookies are immediately deleted once you log out from the application, with some exceptions where cookies are needed for specific purposes. Please refer to the below table for information on the cookies used.
What type of cookies are used?
Our website will set some cookies that are essential for the website to operate correctly.
Third party cookies
Bankmed websites have several types of third-party cookies. We at Bankmed are not held responsible for the third party cookies found on our websites.
The third party cookies which may be set include:
- URL – the URL of the page the user is viewing
- Title – the title of the page the user is viewing
- Browser name – the browser the user is using
- Viewport or Viewing pane – the size of the browser window
- Screen resolution – the resolution of the user’s screen
- Java enabled – whether or not the user has Java enabled
- Flash version – what version of Flash the user is using
- Location (in Google Analytics GA) – this is derived from the IP address where the hit originated. The IP address itself is anonymized and not available in Google Analytics GA in order not to violate the terms of Google Analytics GA, as it is personally identifiable information (PII)
- Language – derived from the language settings of the browser
How can you disable cookies?
Links to other websites
When we include links to other websites, please bear in mind they will have their own privacy and cookie policies that will govern the use of any information you submit. We recommend you read their policies as Bankmed is not responsible or liable for their privacy practices.
This Cookies Policy was updated on 08/08/2019.